Monday, April 5, 2010

High School Memories


I really liked high school. Seriously I did. I had tons o' fun. To make it fun and interesting I used to carry a cassette tape recorder around with me and I would walk down the vast halls and narrate what was going on and I would have teachers talk on it and friends, of course. I'm pretty sure I would fit more into the intellectual, nerdy category. I would also do these strange social experiments like place my backpack in the middle of the floor inbetween classes in the heavily traveled "mall" as we called it. Then I would find a bench nearby and watch what people would do. I just wanted to see how people would react to a full Jansport backpack in the middle of the action. So random, I know. One of the only regrets I have about high school is the fact that I missed one important event. The Senior Banquet. And just guess where I was? At a Yanni concert. Now we know how nerdy I really was. Seriously, I was jamming out to Yanni instead of recieving my crowning peer-voted award of Best Sense of Humor. That is really humorous that I loved Yanni so much to miss my best moment. The black flowing hair, the synthesizers and the New Age crowd. What a fantastic memory I must say.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ang....it's me....your nerdy friend. You have to admit we had a blast at that concert! And don't forget about the tutti fruity mixtures we used to make.
    Marilla

    PS: I love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I don't recall what a tutti fruity mix is? Refresh my memory Marilla!

    ReplyDelete